Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language


Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university

- Applicants with a two year associate degree or who have completed a minimum of 2 years in university can apply to the TaLK program.

- Those who have a teaching license/certificate, B.Ed., M.Ed., or who majored in Teaching, TESOL, Second Language Studies (University of Hawai'i), or any other of Education-focused major (Physical Education, Math Education, etc.) are not required to have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate. Those not meeting these requirements will need to obtain a 100 hour or more TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/etc. certificate of at least 100 hours or more from an accredited program to be eligible. This may be completed during the application process, so applicants may apply before they have obtained the certification as long as it will be finalized no later than 6 weeks before the final expected arrival date in Korea. Please note that 1 year of TaLK experience will also be counted as a 100 hour TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/etc. certificate.

Be mentally and physically healthy

Have a good command of the English language

Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life

If you are a male citizen of the Republic of Korea under the age of 35, you must have either completed mandatory military service or have received an official waiver.

For more information about the mandatory military service that all Korean men are obliged to
complete, please consult the following link

All EPIK positions are available based solely on an "on-request" basis from the Korean Provincial and Metropolitan Offices of Education..