Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language
- • According to E2 visa law, EPIK teachers should have a citizenship from one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, and South Africa.
- • Must have studied from the Junior High level (7th Grade) and graduated from a university in one of the seven designated countries listed above. EPIK teachers must also have resided for at least 10 years or more in a country where English is the primary Language.
- • Ethnic Koreans with legal residency in a country where English is the primary language can apply, but must provide proof of English education beginning from the Junior high school level.
Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
* Applicants with a two year associate degree or have completed a minimum of 2 years in university can apply to the TaLK program. (http://www.talk.go.kr/)
Be a maximum of 62 years of age
Be mentally and physically healthy
Have a good command of the English language
Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and lifestyle
* If you are a male citizen of the Republic of Korea under the age of 35, you must have either completed
mandatory military service or have received an official waiver.
For more information about the mandatory military service that all Korean males are obliged to complete, please consult the following link (http://www.mma.go.kr/eng)